Domestic Violence.

When you are suffering from domestic violence the most important thing that you want to sort out is that you are protected. Furthermore if you have children living in the same house, it becomes even more important for you and the welfare of the children for the violence to stop. Whilst ringing the police is the first call for most people, the majority of the time they can only provide temporary measures unless the violence becomes serious.

Obtain Legal Protection

Remember that you do not have to suffer physical violence to obtain legal protection. If you are being harassed verbally, over the telephone etc then you are still able to obtain protection. There are different types of injunctions that you can obtain Non-molestation Order & Occupation Order.

Please do call if this is an issue that affects you. We have compassionate advisors on hand, experienced in dealing with these types of matters. Rest assured, you will be in safe hands with Saracens Solicitors.

Non-molestation Order

A non-molestation order may be sought to protect an individual and/or the children from being physically abused by the offending spouse or partner.
A power of arrest can be included in the order; this means that if the respondent breaches the terms of the order, he/she will be arrested.

People that may apply for this order are: -Those married to each other or were married to each other -Cohabitants or former cohabitants -Relatives; -People who have agreed to marry each other at a future date; and -In relation to a child, i.e. they are both parents of a child.

We can attend Court on your behalf without informing the respondent (against whom you want the injunction), on short notice if required. The order will take immediate effect copies will be served upon the respondent and at the local police station. This is often a very serious/sensitive area of the law and only those fully versed in this area may be relied upon to achieve a positive outcome. Call us now and speak in confidence with one of our advisors.

Occupation Order

This is an order which prevents the respondent from residing in the same household as you. These orders can be extended to restrict the respondent from entering into a specific area, for example, within the vicinity of the your home. Such an order is granted if there is risk of violence to the applicant and or any child, if the abuser is left to remain in the same household. This order can even be made by an applicant who has no right to reside in that particular home. An occupation order usually lasts for a specific period such as one month, six months or even one year and a power of arrest can also be attached to this order. This means that if the order is breached the respondent will be arrested.