When it comes to buying a house, the property market can be a stressful and complicated place. Whether it’s your first purchase or you are building your portfolio, buying a property is accompanied with paperwork and legal jargon which can be overwhelming. To make things go smoothly, our award-winning conveyancing solicitors are on hand to take care of your conveyancing process and all the legal formalities.
Before you get in touch with us for a quote, we understand you may want to know a bit more of the process and what the involvement of your conveyancing solicitor will be. Here is a brief outline of what to expect when buying a property.
My offer has been accepted what happens next?
– You will need a to instruct a solicitor. You will need to obtain a quote for their fees to act for your purchase. The legal team will request information from you to build a profile they can quote you on. Questions will relate to the following:
– Purchase price
– Address of the property
– The ownership of the property.
– Is there an existing mortgage
– Does the purchase price include any items for sale or purchase
– Is the property tenanted or occupied.
– Are you a first-time buyer?
– Are you a UK resident?
– How soon are you looking to complete?
Once you have accepted the quote, your conveyancing solicitor will contact you requesting you to complete a questionnaire.
What will my conveyancing solicitor do?
When you are buying a property, the conveyancer will carry out different tasks such as:
– If you are purchasing with a mortgage, they will request to see your offer.
– They will request all the relevant searches that will provide information on the property and the surrounding areas.
– They will then need to agree a completion date with the opposite party.
– This will follow with Exchange of contracts with the seller.
– On completion day the funds will be transferred, and they will liaise with the parties involved for the collection of keys.
– Your conveyancer will also register you as the new owner with Land Registry and pay the Stamp Duty Land Tax on your behalf.
Why choose Saracens’ conveyancing solicitors for buying a property?
Our conveyancing team are award-winners for their conveyancing service and our customer service is at the forefront of everything we do. Our clients regularly leave 5-star reviews about their experience of buying a property with our conveyancing solicitors, and we take great pride in keeping the conveyancing process smooth and transparent for our clients.
If you would like to get started with buying a property or require any advice, please call our team on 020 3588 3500 or press the Get In Touch button to leave an enquiry.