The conveyancing process can be simple with the right mortgage solicitor in London. We can offer you a great service that ensures you get the home of your dreams whilst dealing with minimum stress.
In this article, we focus mainly on the process of buying a house. However, the broad skills we offer can also be useful when you are selling as well.
At Saracens Solicitors, we pride ourselves on being excellent communicators. We understand how to build an effective bridge between our clients and the legal processes that they need to access in order to achieve their goals.
Our communication is clear, timely and jargon-free. We let you know what your responsibilities and tasks are at each stage so you can quickly complete any paperwork and move the process along.
An easy process
Engaging your mortgage solicitor in London, Saracens Solicitors, is the next step after you have had an offer on a house accepted. Thereafter, we will go through the following steps:
- Searches – there are a number of property searches that need to be completed before you can buy a house. This includes checking the owner’s right to sell the property and local authority searches as well as others;
- Obtaining a copy of your mortgage offer – you will need to forward this to us once you have finalised arrangements with your mortgage company;
- Enquiries – there are usually a few enquiries that we will need to make regarding the details about the property that are supplied by the seller;
- Contracts – we will draw up draft contracts once all of the correspondence has been completed. These will be sent to you for signature then exchanged with the seller’s solicitor;
- Completion – this is the day that you can move in. Depending on your seller’s circumstances, they may have left the house before this day. Often though, because of the nature of house purchase chains, everyone needs to move on the same day as the funds from one property have to move to the next before people can complete.
Anything outside of the normal process, we can discuss with you when you first begin to work with Saracens Solicitors.