Saracens Blog

Visiting the UK – visa requirements

Immigration Solicitor in London

Whenever you need to apply for a visa, it is always worth engaging the services of an immigration solicitor in London, like Saracens Solicitors. Even a visitor visa can take a number of different forms and choosing the right one is important.

The standard visitor visa

A standard visitor visa now covers many of the old types of visa including: family visitor visa, general visitor visa, child visitor visa, business visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists, sports visitor visa, entertainer visitor visa, prospective entrepreneur visa, private medical treatment visitor visa, and the approved destination status visa. If one of these is the visa that you would normally apply for or if it is your first time and you think you might fall into one of these categories, you are probably now able to apply for a standard visitor visa. If you are not sure, you can check with us at Saracens Solicitors and we will be happy to guide you through the process when we are acting as your immigration solicitor in London.

Intentions and restrictions

Standard visitor visas are designed for people who intend to stay in the UK for less than 6 months for pleasure, business related activities or entertainment, or for private medical treatment. You can apply up to 3 months before you intend to enter the country. You cannot study or do paid/unpaid work if you have a standard visitor visa. You also cannot marry or get access to public funds. If you were not expecting to have to meet these conditions and your intention is to, for example, marry, you may be eligible under another visa scheme. Saracens Solicitors can help you with all types of visa when acting as your immigration solicitor in London.

In order to be eligible for the standard visitor visa, you will need to show that you intend to leave the UK within the required time period. You need sufficient funds to support yourself during your trip. If you are taking part in business activities, you may need proof that they meet the criteria laid down for allowable activities. Saracens Solicitors can give you guidance on the documents and evidence that you need.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Law Society Excellence Awards 2013 Shortlisted logo The Law Society Excellence Awards 2015 Shortlisted logo

Connect with us

Blog Archive

Browse by Date:

See results