Saracens Blog

Entry into the UK – visitor visa

Immigration Solicitor in London

You may wish to employ an immigration solicitor in London when you are applying for a visitor visa. If you apply for the wrong visa, your application could be refused and you are not entitled to a refund of the fees. If you make a clerical error on your application, you may incur extra costs or even lead to a 10 year ban in the worst cases.

At Saracens Solicitors, we have the most up-to-date information on UK immigration laws. Professional advice can help you make the right choice. Plus, if you want to change or extend your visa at a later date, having a relationship with an immigration solicitor in London with meticulous records relating to your previous application can help.

Standard visitor visa

In April 2015, the Standard Visitor Visa replaced a host of other visa categories so the process is now more streamlined. Now, this one option covers all of the following reasons for entry:

  • for leisure e.g. a holiday or seeing family and friends;
  • for business or to take part in sports or creative events;
  • for another reason e.g. to receive private medical treatment.

There are various eligibility requirements such as showing that you have sufficient funds for your trip and the ability to leave the country again at the end. If you are coming for medical treatment, you must show need and that you have no infectious diseases and that you can afford your prospective treatment. Saracens Solicitors can help you determine the exact requirements for your circumstances and compile the documentation for your application. When we are acting as your immigration solicitor in London, we help you make a successful application the first time.

Permitted paid engagement

If you have a specific project to complete in the UK and have been invited by a British company, you may be able to apply for a permitted paid engagement visitor visa. Your intention must be to leave the UK within one month of entry. You need to have sufficient funds to support and house yourself while you are here and proof that you are able to leave the UK at the end of your visit.

There are other types of special visitor visa like this one. If you are eligible for one of these, you should not apply under the Standard Visitor Visa scheme as you may be refused.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Law Society Excellence Awards 2013 Shortlisted logo The Law Society Excellence Awards 2015 Shortlisted logo

Connect with us

Blog Archive

Browse by Date:

See results