Saracens Blog

Domestic workers visa – an overview

Immigration Solicitor in London

There are many different visa types that you can apply for. Saracens Solicitors can help you to decide which one is most suitable for your needs when you select us as your immigration solicitor in London. The more suitable you are for the type of visa you apply for, the more likely you are to be successful in your application.

A domestic workers visa is designed for temporary residence in the UK. It allows a household to come from outside the European Economic Area and bring along the staff that they employ at home. This might include cleaners, nannies, cooks, chauffeurs and those providing care for the employer and their family.

Who is eligible?

As with most visas, there are certain requirements that you must meet in order to apply for a domestic workers visa. The regulations surrounding visas change all the time. For example, if you applied for a domestic workers visa before 5th April 2012, you have more scope to extend your stay in the UK than people who apply today.

To get the latest information, you are advised to work with an immigration solicitor. In London, at Saracens Solicitors, we keep up-to-date with the latest developments in order to give you the best service.

To apply for domestic workers visa, you need to have been working for your employer for more than one year. There are also English language and knowledge of life skills that you may need to meet.

The details of your application process

Your application will be processed in around three weeks and you can apply for your visa three months before you are due to visit the UK. You can get in touch with an immigration solicitor in London at our office as soon as you like to check on the details. The filing cost of an application is just under £500.

Your visa will allow you to stay in the UK for up to six months as long as your employer is still here and you are working for them. You cannot change jobs when you get to the UK while still working for the same employer. You can change employers but this does not extend the amount of time that you can stay in the UK.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Law Society Excellence Awards 2013 Shortlisted logo The Law Society Excellence Awards 2015 Shortlisted logo

Connect with us

Blog Archive

Browse by Date:

See results