Saracens Blog

Coming to stay with family in the UK

Immigration Solicitor in London

Using Saracens Solicitors as your immigration solicitor in London, you can apply for a family visa if you are already here or from outside the UK. This allows you to live with a spouse or partner, parent or child for a period of six months or more. There are certain conditions that need to be met in order to get a family visa.

The team at Saracens Solicitors can help you pick the right visa for your needs. They have experience working with clients who are in and out of the country.

Conditions that need to be met for a family visa

You need to be visiting one of the following:

  • Spouse or partner
  • Fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
  • Child
  • Parent
  • Relative who’ll provide long-term care for you.

There is a minimum income requirement for you to be eligible for a family visa. Saracens Solicitors can advise you on the current amount when we are acting as your immigration solicitor in London. As of March, 2018, the amount is £18,600 per year between you and the person you are applying with. This figure goes up if you have children. The minimum income requirement can be met through employed or self-employed earnings, from rental income, pension income or cash savings.

Saracens Solicitors can help you gather the evidence you need to prove your income when we are acting as your immigration solicitor in London. We can also advise about special circumstances such a combining different income sources, what happens if you have been on paternity or maternity leave or other complex income situations.

As with most UK visas, you will also need to meet a knowledge of English requirement. This doesn’t apply if you are a child, a carer, over 65 or have any mental incapacity that prevents you from meeting the requirement. In order to prove knowledge of English you either need to have an academic qualification or be prepared to take a test. This is particularly important if you intend to settle in the UK within the next five years. Various nationalities are exempt from having to prove knowledge of English. You can check if yours is one of them through Saracens Solicitors.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Law Society Excellence Awards 2013 Shortlisted logo The Law Society Excellence Awards 2015 Shortlisted logo

Connect with us

Blog Archive

Browse by Date:

See results