High Value and Luxury Assets
Request a callback
“All of those cars were once just a dream in somebody’s head.” Peter Gabriel, Mercy Street
There is a great thrill and pleasure in knowing that only a few thousand of your particular model, crafted by a group of highly-skilled experts, have ever been made.
Cars lovers will appreciate not just the appearance and personality of classic cars but also the nitty gritty aspects of their craftsmanship and maintenance. While not as complex as buying a jet or helicopter, buyers and sellers will understand that these transactions require careful consideration of both legal and business elements. Saracens have experience and knowledge of the luxury car marketplace that, along with our technical expertise, positions us as the firm of choice for clients seeking to deal in these assets.
Self-professed car enthusiasts, Saracens provides services to help purchasers control the cost of ownership as well as have comfort that they can drive their vehicles without concerns about its condition.
For buyers, Saracens can assist with the following:
– Vehicle due diligence that includes:
– Researching vehicle history and provenance
– Inspecting vehicle inventories
– Liaising with specialists and arranging inspection for certification of vehicles
– Assessing vehicle condition and maintenance
– Negotiating purchase contracts tailored to each specific client and vehicle to ensure that all relevant considerations are addressed
– Advising you on any relevant taxes or exemptions
– Importation and / or exportation licences
For sellers, Saracens’ services include:
– Liaising with the appropriate specialists to arrange secure storage and transportation of your vehicle
– Arranging the entry or display of vehicles at auction houses, promotional events and prestigious meetings
– Negotiating the sale contract to ensure that the seller is able to realise their fair asset value
– Advising you in respect of the tax implications of the sale
To talk to us about selling or purchasing a luxury or classic car, phone our London office on +44 (0) 20 3588 3500 to talk directly to one of our lawyers. Alternatively, you can request a call back and we will be in touch at a time convenient to you.
I had a dispute with my insurers as they were refusing to cover me for a claim. I was really…
Mr W Ahmed Senior Manager at Arab Banking Corporation Plc
See All Testimonals
The Art Paris Art Fair, which kicks off at the end of March, is one of the leading spring events in the art world. With around 145 exhibitions from over 20 countries, representing 2,200 artists and held in the Grand Palais, the event attracts an array of fans, including wealthy individuals with a refined knowledge of art from all over the world. Art fairs are one way to pick up a desirable piece of work directly from the artist. The other primary driver of art sales is galleries. High-end artwork, the kind that passes from one private collector to another, is mostly sold at auctions. With that said, as the […]Read more
STUCK BETWEEN A YACHT AND A HARD PLACE? Navigating the risks of buying a yacht Cruising around the South of France for weeks basking in the glorious Mediterranean sunshine, sailing past Cannes and Monte Carlo in a beautiful yacht nestled on the azure waters while the gentle waves rock you slowly into a deep sleep. Sounds like a dream but taking it beyond the realms of your imagination is easier than you think. Saracens offers straightforward advice on what to do when buying a yacht.Read more
Handbags and Investment We are all familiar with investing in art, bonds and stock, but it may come as a shock to know that over the past decade the value of the most sought-after luxury handbags has risen by an average of 8 % a year matching the annualised returns of the FTSE. So what should you look for when buying a handbag as an investment piece? Which brands are currently delivering the best returns? Three handbags that will make you money The top three handbags that are likely to provide you a with return on your investment (and have you looking fabulous at the same time) are: Hermes Birkin […]Read more