- Recruitment Procedure
- Trainee recruitment
- What we are looking for
Residential Property Paralegal
We are a full service law firm based in London West End. Our client base expands internationally. We are seeking to appoint a paralegal with a keen interest in property law who is looking to further their experience and progress their career.
We are looking to provide an opportunity for post-graduates having completed a law degree or an alternate degree followed by a Graduate Diploma in Law and preferably having completed their Legal Practice Course. The selected candidate will be required to contribute to the day to day activities of the department and will be required to perform a wide range of tasks initially including (but not limited to) legal research and analysis, general administrative duties, assisting solicitors as required on transactional work. Where the selected candidate is able to demonstrate the requisite skills, tasks will involve drafting work, assistance with due diligence, post-completion work and the like. Early file responsibility will be given where ability is demonstrated.
Upon successfully completing a six-month probation and having demonstrated their competence, commitment and ambition the right candidate will be considered for a trainee solicitor position with the firm.
- Assisting the department completing non-contentious work on a daily basis
- Conducting legal research and background checks
- Obtaining, preparing and collating contract packages and supporting documents
- Conducting property searches
- Drafting correspondence and conveyancing documents
- Attending and taking minutes at client and team meetings
- Completing HM Land Registry application forms
- Completing SDLT submissions to HM Revenue and Customs
- General administrative duties
- Early file responsibility where appropriate
- Min. 6 months conveyancing experience in a wider range of transactions than sales and purchases
- 2:1 undergraduate degree
- Clear & effective communication skills in oral and written English
- Ability to take instruction from senior team members
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to conduct thorough research and back ground checks
- Mature, hard-working, self-motivated, eager to learn
- Ability to use IT systems
- Able to work in a team and independently
- An interest and experience in property law
- Previous experience of working in a law firm
- Fluency in a second language
- Commendation or distinction (predicted or obtained) on Legal Practice Course
Candidates satisfying the person specification, please contact HR Manager by e-mail: email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.
Start Date: immediate