- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Property
- Breach of covenants and lease termination
- Grant of new lease and assignments / transfer of ongoing leases
- Landlord’s consent to make alterations to premises
- Planning law and section 106 agreements
- Renewing a business tenancy
- Sale and Purchase of Freehold Commercial Property
- WHAT SHOULD A LANDLORD’S SOLICITOR DO?
- WHAT SHOULD A TENANT’S SOLICITOR DO?
- Company law
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Healthcare Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Business / Contractual disputes
- Commercial Insolvency
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery
- Directors’ and Shareholders’ Disputes
- E-Commerce Disputes
- Media and Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Resolution and Mediation
- Corporate Crime and Risk
- High Value and Luxury Assets
- Buying and Selling a Private Jet
- Buying and Selling a Racehorse
- Buying and Selling Classic and Luxury Cars
- Buying and Selling Fine Art
- Buying and Selling: Antiques
- Buying and Selling: Couture Clothing
- Buying and Selling: Jewellery
- Buying and Selling: Yachts and Super Yachts
- Contact Us
- Purchasing and Selling a Helicopter
- Thank You
Media and Intellectual Property
The most cherished asset for most businesses is intangible. Intellectual property law protects the ownership and use of copyright, patents, trademarks, design rights, protection from passing off and protection of confidential information. These rights are becoming increasingly valuable in the digital age. We ensure that our commercial clients’ intellectual property rights are appropriately protected and we take quick and effective steps to stop the unauthorised use and exploitation of their rights.
Media law is an exciting and growing area of law. The rise of the Internet and various forms of social media has dramatically changed the scope of this area of law. This has a big impact on businesses whose reputations can be instantly affected by statements made and disseminated on television, radio, print media and the Internet.
We regularly act for commercial entities, businesses and charities and advise them on all aspects of defamation, libel and slander law in order to protect and maintain their reputation.
Please see the menu of further options to the left of this page.
Broadly speaking, defamation occurs when a statement is published which causes people to think less of the person spoken of. Our solicitors have expertise in dealing with media and IP issues having acted for both parties in defamation and libel disputes (i.e. the claimants / the victims and also the defendant / the alleged statement makers). We will generally seek an early resolution to any dispute where possible through negotiation, as in our experience it is not always necessary to resort to court involvement thereby keeping costs down. However, if court action becomes necessary we represent our clients robustly and will always ensure we achieve the best result possible.Find out more
We provide advice to large and small businesses on all aspects of IT and software related disputes. Our team has the technical knowledge and legal experience to provide you with comprehensive solutions to your dispute. In the first instance, we may recommend alternative dispute resolution if we believe that this is the best course of action to take. Alternatively, we may recommend litigation after our assessment of the circumstances, in which case our team will represent you rigorously and keep you fully informed throughout the process.Find out more
All business owners understand the importance of protecting their inventions, brand identity and reputation. A business name and/or a logo can be protected by registering it as a trademark. Patents are used to protect new inventions or processes.
Our intellectual property solicitors can provide you with advice on protecting your trademarks and patents as well as the options available if you believe your rights are being infringed. Our specialists understand the key components and complexities of pursing or defending infringement proceedings and will rigorously defend your position throughout.