- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Property
- Breach of covenants and lease termination
- Commercial Lease Solicitor London
- Landlord’s consent to make alterations to premises
- Planning law and section 106 agreements
- Renewing a business tenancy
- Sale and Purchase of Freehold Commercial Property
- WHAT SHOULD A LANDLORD’S SOLICITOR DO?
- WHAT SHOULD A TENANT’S SOLICITOR DO?
- Company law
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Healthcare Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Business / Contractual disputes
- Commercial Insolvency
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery
- Directors’ and Shareholders’ Disputes
- E-Commerce Disputes
- Media and Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Resolution and Mediation
- Corporate Crime and Risk
- High Value and Luxury Assets
- Buying and Selling a Private Jet
- Buying and Selling a Racehorse
- Buying and Selling Classic and Luxury Cars
- Buying and Selling Fine Art
- Buying and Selling: Antiques
- Buying and Selling: Couture Clothing
- Buying and Selling: Jewellery
- Buying and Selling: Yachts and Super Yachts
- Contact Us
- Purchasing and Selling a Helicopter
- Thank You
Our commercial team has extensive knowledge and experience in sale, purchase, and lease of residential care homes, nursing homes, and mental nursing homes registered under the Care Standards Act 2000.
The sale, purchase, or lease of a residential care home, nursing home, or mental nursing home is likely to also encompass other commercial elements such as the sale or purchase of the existing business of operating the home. Saracens can advise and deal with all issues relating to the transaction involving care homes such as:
• Residents’ contracts
• Commercial and supplier contracts
• The business name
• Creditors and debtors of the business
• Fixtures and fittings
• The goodwill of the business
• Intellectual property rights
• The position of employees under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
• Extensions to and alterations of care homes
• Building contracts and construction disputes
• Planning matters
• Property neighbour disputes
Our solicitors will ensure that ample due diligence is undertaken in respect of the regulatory and commercial issues concerning the home to protect the position of buyer and sellers.
Our team also understands that managing a home involves a myriad of issues which are crucial to remaining in the industry and complying with UK healthcare regulations. Our knowledge in this area can also be beneficial for clients who are seeking to operate residential care homes in both the public and private sectors. We can also advise on the legal requirements under the Care Standards Act 2000 and indicate any potential pitfalls that may be encountered on an application for a new registration.
Another issue for consideration of the general management of a home is the ever increasing burden of employment legislation. We team of employment lawyers can advise in relation terms and conditions of employment, employees’ claims, redundancy and dismissal as well as taking on existing employees and migrant worker.
Contact us now to discuss your matter.