- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Property
- Breach of covenants and lease termination
- Commercial Lease Solicitor London
- Landlord’s consent to make alterations to premises
- Planning law and section 106 agreements
- Renewing a business tenancy
- Sale and Purchase of Freehold Commercial Property
- WHAT SHOULD A LANDLORD’S SOLICITOR DO?
- WHAT SHOULD A TENANT’S SOLICITOR DO?
- Company law
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Healthcare Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Business / Contractual disputes
- Commercial Insolvency
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery
- Directors’ and Shareholders’ Disputes
- E-Commerce Disputes
- Media and Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Resolution and Mediation
- Corporate Crime and Risk
- High Value and Luxury Assets
- Buying and Selling a Private Jet
- Buying and Selling a Racehorse
- Buying and Selling Classic and Luxury Cars
- Buying and Selling Fine Art
- Buying and Selling: Antiques
- Buying and Selling: Couture Clothing
- Buying and Selling: Jewellery
- Buying and Selling: Yachts and Super Yachts
- Contact Us
- Purchasing and Selling a Helicopter
- Thank You
Renewing a business tenancy
Saracens has a great deal of experience in acting for business tenants as well as landlords who are seeking to either terminate or extend a lease / business tenancy.
If a landlord seeks to terminate a tenancy agreement, he must serve a notice of termination on the tenant in a prescribed form and within certain time limits. A tenant wishing to continue the tenancy must make an application to the court. If the application to court is not made in time, the tenant may lose the right to apply for a new tenancy.
Whether acting for a tenant or landlord, we are mindful of this crucial time limit (as well as others) when negotiating a new lease. If an agreement cannot be reached, the parties may need to apply to court to settle the issues. Saracens will work closely with you and your surveyors to negotiate the areas in which dispute has arisen.
We are experienced in providing pragmatic and commercially focused advice to landlords and tenants relating to all issues concerning business tenancies as well as contested applications heard at court.
Request a call back for further information.