- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Property
- Breach of covenants and lease termination
- Grant of new lease and assignments / transfer of ongoing leases
- Landlord’s consent to make alterations to premises
- Planning law and section 106 agreements
- Renewing a business tenancy
- Sale and Purchase of Freehold Commercial Property
- WHAT SHOULD A LANDLORD’S SOLICITOR DO?
- WHAT SHOULD A TENANT’S SOLICITOR DO?
- Company law
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Healthcare Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Business / Contractual disputes
- Commercial Insolvency
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery
- Directors’ and Shareholders’ Disputes
- E-Commerce Disputes
- Media and Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Resolution and Mediation
- Corporate Crime and Risk
- High Value and Luxury Assets
- Buying and Selling a Private Jet
- Buying and Selling a Racehorse
- Buying and Selling Classic and Luxury Cars
- Buying and Selling Fine Art
- Buying and Selling: Antiques
- Buying and Selling: Couture Clothing
- Buying and Selling: Jewellery
- Buying and Selling: Yachts and Super Yachts
- Contact Us
- Purchasing and Selling a Helicopter
- Thank You
Grant of new lease and assignments / transfer of ongoing leases
The commercial property team at Saracens has in depth expertise and experience in acting for both landlord and tenants in all aspects of commercial property leases.
If you are a commercial landlord, Saracens can assist you with the granting of a new lease. Commercial leases can be complex (often long term) documents and Saracens will advise on the terms of leases so that you fully understand your ongoing obligations as well as obligations owed to you.
If you are a tenant, we will prepare an extensive report before you enter into any contractual agreement. Our advice in this report will encompass our investigations on the property a detailed summary of the terms of the lease and the implications of any other documents such a rent deposit deeds, deeds of guarantee or licences for alterations. This will allow you to make an informed decision as to whether to proceed with the transaction and also for you to retain such report for future reference.
If you are an existing tenant and wish to assign your lease, Saracens will advise you on the best way to make an application to the landlord for consent to transfer the lease. As an outgoing tenant you may have continuing obligations to the landlord in the event that, for example, the new tenant fails to pay rent to the landlord. We will ensure that you are fully aware of any continuing obligations. When acting for a landlord who is to provide consent to an assignment of an existing lease, Saracens will assist you in dealing with a tenant’s request.
Request a call back and speak to one of our advisors.