- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Property
- Breach of covenants and lease termination
- Grant of new lease and assignments / transfer of ongoing leases
- Landlord’s consent to make alterations to premises
- Planning law and section 106 agreements
- Renewing a business tenancy
- Sale and Purchase of Freehold Commercial Property
- WHAT SHOULD A LANDLORD’S SOLICITOR DO?
- WHAT SHOULD A TENANT’S SOLICITOR DO?
- Company law
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Healthcare Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Business / Contractual disputes
- Commercial Insolvency
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery
- Directors’ and Shareholders’ Disputes
- E-Commerce Disputes
- Media and Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Resolution and Mediation
- Corporate Crime and Risk
- High Value and Luxury Assets
- Buying and Selling a Private Jet
- Buying and Selling a Racehorse
- Buying and Selling Classic and Luxury Cars
- Buying and Selling Fine Art
- Buying and Selling: Antiques
- Buying and Selling: Couture Clothing
- Buying and Selling: Jewellery
- Buying and Selling: Yachts and Super Yachts
- Contact Us
- Purchasing and Selling a Helicopter
- Thank You
Restructuring and Insolvency
Restructuring, although often a complex process, can provide a way for an organisation that finds itself in financial difficulty or consistently under-performing to recover and return to profitability.
Our restructuring solutions are tailored to meet your company’s unique needs and our highly-qualified, commercially experienced solicitors can advise you on the best way forward for your business.
We can provide clear, comprehensive advice on:
Directors’ Duties During Restructuring
Directors of a company in financial distress find that, by law, their duties may shift away from the best interests of the shareholders and find they must direct their duties towards the company’s creditors as a whole (known as insolvency duties). At Saracens Solicitors we can advise you on the best strategic methods to comply with these duties. It is vital that you obtain legal advice on your duties owed as a director, as breach of these duties may result in personal liability or even criminal prosecution.
Debt and Equity Rescheduling and Refinancing
Our commercial team can advise and renegotiate your existing loans, extend maturity dates or negotiate waivers of debt in some circumstances. We also have experience on managing debt to equity conversions.
Contingency and Exit Planning
The restructuring of a company generally occurs in three distinct stages which are known as the:
- Stabilising phase
- Preparation phase
- Implementation phase
We can advise and help work alongside you when developing the strategies for each one of these phases and carefully consider the legal ramifications.
Our commercial team will ensure the Restructuring Agreement contains an unambiguous disputes resolution process which can be easily followed by all parties to the agreement. They can also work with our litigation and alternative disputes resolution team to manage a conflict should one arise, thereby preventing delays in the company’s recover due to deadlocks between parties.
Distressed Mergers & Acquisitions
Distressed companies involved in a merger or acquisition can face all kinds of pressures and challenges. From having to sell assets quickly to navigating the deal after key staff members have departed, organisations in this position need the advice of solicitors experienced in accelerated mergers & acquisitions who can maximise returns for shareholders within tight timeframes. Our commercial team can provide you with this expertise and deliver competent solutions and advice that will far exceed your initial expectations.
To talk to us more about company restructuring phone our London office on 020 3588 3500 to speak directly to one of our commercial solicitors or fill in our call back form and we will be in touch in a manner convenient to you.